Ahhh so many venues to choose from…how do engaged couples know where to start? When my fiance (now, wonderful husband) and I were looking for a venue we didn’t really know what we wanted other than to marry near a beach. After visiting other venues in the area, we found San Benito House in Half Moon Bay and immediately knew that this is where we would wed. We both started to get a nervous excitement, and from there everything just fell into place. If you have not found your ideal venue yet, below are some of the many fabulous locations (with links to their website) that I have photographed:
For small to medium sized weddings:
- Pelican Inn, Muir Beach: Next to the beach, Tudor architecture, 16th century decor.
- Hamlin Mansion, San Francisco: Sweeping views, classic architecture, great staff.
- Hacienda de las Flores, Orinda: Spacious, surrounded by foliage/trees, lovely building.
- Old St. Hilary’s, Tiburon: Historic landmark, amazing views, very charming church.
- Ledford House, Albion: Ocean views, delicious menu, great staff, B&B’s for your guests.
- Outdoor Art Club, Mill Valley: Intimate, beautiful gardens, roomy getting-ready area.
- Brazilian Room, Berkeley: Lovely natural setting, beautiful building, free parking.
- Trentadue Winery, Healdsburg: Stunning, natural setting, large area/vineyard, private.
- The Olema Inn, Olema: Charming, intimate, antique.
- Boonville Hotel, Boonville: quaint, rustic, friendly.
For medium to large sized weddings:
- Nestldown, Lost Gatos: Gorgeous grounds, private, enchanting natural setting.
- The Claremont Hotel, Berkeley: Swanky, impressive, beautiful building.
- Sebastiani Vineyards, Sonoma: A favorite, classy, great architecture, private.
- Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco: It’s the Drake so it is incredible.
- Meadowood, Napa Valley: Private, natural setting, lovely.
- Claremont Country Club, Oakland: Spacious, classic building, lovely.
- Asian Art Museum, San Francisco. Elegant, beautiful architecture, impressive.
The very best wishes for you in your search for the venue that makes your heart skip a beat!