I am excited to announce that I will be teaching three workshops this summer. With a degree in Photojournalism, 10 years of experience owning my studio and photographing over 700 children/families, I bring a plethora of skills and tricks of the trade to share. Each workshop will cater to a different skill level (novice, amateur, and professional) and will take place on-location in Oakland, CA. I was recently featured in Professional Photographer magazine for my child photography, and will be sharing what it takes to make the kind of images that get published. Please pass this information on to anyone you know who is interested in photography or improving their skills. Thanks!
- Saturday, JULY 17, 10 AM – 3 PM
- $300 – Learning to use your camera & Taking better pictures (novice only)
- Introduction to shutter speeds, aperture, and depth of field
- Seeing the light
- Move beyond taking snapshots to taking photos suitable for framing.
- Saturday, JULY 31, 10 AM – 4 PM
- $500 – How to photograph children (amateurs only)
- Getting children to do what you want them to do
- Visualizing and executing images
- Recognizing definitive moments
- Maximizing ambient light
- Learning Angela’s three P’s (patience, perseverance, and profit)
- Using your skills to create images that you and your clients will love
- Saturday, AUGUST. 21, 10 AM – 5 PM
- $1000 – Taking your family photography to the next level in creativity and profit (professionals only)
- Capturing candid moments
- Creating images that stand out from your competition
- Juxtaposing emotion with artful composition
- Framing subjects
- Creating a safe environment for children to be themselves and have fun
- Getting parents to to trust and to help make the shoot a success
- Getting siblings to cooperate with each other for the session
- Posing children and families
- What to look for when scouting locations
- How to thrill the socks off of your clients
- Models included.
7 sign-ups per workshop
Please inquire with Angela for more details.